Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Need to Read (And Do)

We've recently increased the title selection in our magazines to include more titles for 'hobbyists'.
And, before those of you who consider knitting to be your primary occupation (jobs are just to pay for yarn) get upset, I don't know of another way of categorizing these titles. Come up with one, please!

We are now carrying Vogue Knitting and Art Jewelry in addition to American Patchwork and Quilting, Interweave Knits, Threads, FiberArts, and Make. We are looking to add more titles, so if you have any suggestions, let us know.

I've often pondered why, in addition to the needed (or, more properly, lusted after) supplies for my secondary interests (knitting, quilting, needlework, etc), I must possess all possible combinations of books and magazines related to the topic at hand. I don't think it's just because I'm a book person because lots of people don't have that particular addiction and still aspire to own all printed words on their particular interests.

I once read in a quilting magazine that the average quilter owns about $5000.00 worth of fabric - and then there are the toys! They forgot to mention the books.

Even with the amount of information available online these days (and you can spend a lifetime there!) somehow we need the books or magazines from these same people. As a bookseller, I'm certainly not complaining. As a person, I wonder if I'm maybe being a bit irrational!

Please enjoy our new selections and/or let me know if you've found a way of overpowering your need!

No comments:


Blog Archive